Darke County Genealogical Researchers > Township > Neave Township

NEAVE TOWNSHIP was erected December 5, 1821 and, in addition to its present area, contained eight sections in what is now Van Buren Township, making it eight miles east and west and four miles north and south. In June 1838, all of Neave Township that lay in Range 3 East was taken into a new township called Van Buren, thus reducing it to its present size.
Cemeteries Census 1880 Churches Communities
Schools School locations on map are from the 1888 atlas.
Land Patents sorted by surname Land Patents sorted by section
1857 Neave 1875 Neave 1857 Wall Map 1875 Atlas

Communities in Neave Township

Name Location Lat./Long.

Pop.

Baker

US36 and Greenville-Palestine Rd.

400321N
0844205W

Fort Jefferson 1857 1875

SR121 and Fort Jefferson-Weaver Rd.

400135N
0843919W

 

Frys Corners

US127 and Hogpath Rd.

400253N
0843750W

Sampson (historical) 1875

Hollansburg-Sampson Rd. and Jaysville-St. Johns Rd.

400017N
0843554W

 

Wayne Lakes Park

SR121, Hi Wind Rd. and Weavers-Ft. Jefferson Rd.

400123N
0843943W

713

Weaver's Station 1875

Weavers-Ft. Jefferson Rd. and Shira Rd.

400135N
0844042W

 

Top of Page