Darke County Genealogical Researchers > Township > Mississinawa Township

MISSISSINAWA TOWNSHIP was erected in March 1839, and was taken from the north end of Jackson Township. It included all of Township 14 North, Range 1 East, except the north tier of sections, which was then included in Gibson Township. April 12, 1848, this tier of sections was taken into the township as Gibson Township was thrown into Mercer County.

Cemeteries Census 1880 Churches Communities
Schools School locations on map are from the 1888 atlas.

Wabash River

School Names
in 1921
1 Armstrong 6 Mider  
7 Heckman 8 Mott  
Land Patents sorted by surname Land Patents sorted by section
1857 Mississinawa 1875 Mississinawa 1857 Wall Map 1875 Atlas

Communities in Mississinawa Township

Name Location Latitude Longitude

Pop.

Bucks Corner

McFeely-Petry Rd. and Fort Recovery-Hillgrove Rd.

401833N

0844631W

Cosmos

Brock-Cosmos Rd. and Hillgrove-Fort Recovery Rd.

401602N

0844646W

 

Lightsville 1875

SR49, Lightsville Northern Rd. and Rossburg-Lightsville Rd.

401707N

0844246W

North Dayton

Fort Recovery-Hillgrove Rd. and Peters Rd.

401950N

0844632W

 

Rose Hill

SR49 and McFeely-Petry Rd.

401831N

0844332W

Top of Page