Darke County Genealogical Researchers > Township > Liberty (German) Township

GERMAN TOWNSHIP was formed in December 1820 and was bounded on the east, south and west by the Congressional township lines, and on the north by a line 40 rods north of the Whitewater road, and following the turns thereof. In June 1827, German Township was made to include all of Township 11 North, as it does today. In December 1833, the northern tier of sections was thrown into Washington Township, but was taken back in December 1834.

Cemeteries Census 1880 Churches Communities
Schools

School locations are from the 1888 atlas

Land Patents sorted by surname Land Patents sorted by section
1857 German 1875 German 1857 Wall Map 1875 Atlas
The Palestine Book, a township history, is available for purchase--see Society Bookstore

Communities in Liberty (German) Township

Name Location Latitude Longitude

Pop.

Clark

Clark Station Rd. south of Weavers-Ft. Jefferson Rd.

400047N

0844327W

Glen Karn

Chenoweth Rd. between Hollansburg-Tampico Rd. and Palestine-Hollansburg Rd.

400035N

0844731W

 

Long

Stingley Rd. east of Tampico-Hollansburg Rd.

400441N

0844753W

Palestine 1857 1875

US36, Richmond-Palestine Rd. and Palestine-Union City Rd.

400258N

0844436W

187

Tampico 1875

US36 east of Hollansburg-Tampico Rd.

400255N

0844735W

Top of Page