Darke County Genealogical Researchers > Township > Jackson Township

JACKSON TOWNSHIP was erected in December 1833 and contained Townships 13, 14 and 15 of Range 1 East, which were then part of Washington Township. In June 1836, Township 15 and the north tier of sections of Township 14 were taken from Jackson and called Gibson Township. In March 1839, the rest of Township 14 North, Range 1 East was formed into Mississinawa Township.

Cemeteries Census 1880 Churches Communities
Schools School locations are from the 1888 atlas
Land Patents sorted by surname Land Patents sorted by section
1857 Jackson 1875 Jackson 1857 Wall Map 1875 Atlas

Communities in Jackson Township

Name Location Lat./Long.

Pop.

Buckhorn Corner

SR47 and Hillgrove-Fort Recovery Rd.

401323N
0844631W

Elroy

Coletown-Lightsville Rd. and Ansonia-Elroy Rd.

401223N
0844234W

Hetzlerville (historical) 1875

Young Rd. south of Union City-Elroy Rd.

401219N
0844341W

Hillgrove 1857 1875

SR571, Hillgrove-Fort Recovery Rd. and Hillgrove Woodington Rd.

401039N
0844606W

 

Hunchberger Corners

SR47 and Staudt Rd.

401320N
0844448W

Roe Corners

Beamsville-Union City Rd. and Young Rd.

401135N
0844340W

Union City
1857 1875

SR47, SR571 and Ohio/Indiana State Line

401158N
0844819W

1958

Top of Page