Darke County Genealogical Researchers > Township > Harrison Township

HARRISON TOWNSHIP was erected in May 1818, being taken from the west end of Twin Township, and contained all of that township west of a line commencing at the Southeast corner of Section31, Township 10 North, Range 2 East and running thence north to the township line. It was reduced to its present size September 7, 1820.

Cemeteries Census 1880 Churches Communities
Schools

School locations on map are from the 1888 atlas.

Land Patents sorted by surname Land Patents sorted by section
1857 Harrison 1875 Harrison 1857 Wall Map 1875 Atlas

Communities in Harrison Township

Name Location Lat./Long.

Pop.

Braffetsville

SR121 at Braffetsville North Rd.

395528N
0844542W

Hollansburg

1857 1875

Hollansburg-Arcanum Rd., Palestine-Hollansburg Rd., Hollansburg-Tampico Rd., Hollansburg-Richmond Rd.

395949N
0844732W

283

New Madison 1857 1875

SR121, SR726 and Mills Rd.

395804N
0844233W

991

The history of New Madison is available for purchase--see Society Bookstore

Wiley Station (historical)

West of Braffetsville North Rd. and south of New Garden Rd.

395600N
0844551W

Yankeetown

SR722 east of Billman Rd.

395547N
0844320W

Top of Page