was erected in March 1819 and contained all the land east of a line running
south from the northwest corner of Section 4, Township 10 North, Range 3 East,
to the southwest corner of Section 28, Township 9 of Range 3. It was
taken from the east end of Greenville Township and south end of Wayne. In 1820,
sections 3, 4, 9 and 10 of Township 10, Range 3 were taken into Richland
Township. In June 1838, all of Township 8 Range 4 and Township 9, Range 3 that
were in Adams, was taken into a new township called Van Buren.